Our members are unified in seeking:
- allows members to provide affordable health care for their families;
- recognizes the financial sacrifices made in previous contracts and respects our 1,100 professional members
- ensures our members can afford to stay right here on Long Island;
- respects the professionalism of these frontline essential workers.
Who are our members?
We’re your family, friends, neighbors, and the customers who shop in your stores and restaurants.
We’re essential frontline workers who are out in the community all year, day and night, making sure gas and electric are delivered safely to your home.
We’re hard-working men and women from every background who contribute to the financial strength and tax base of the towns we call home.
We’re Long Islanders just like you!
Watch the video to learn about the IBEW and our role in the community.
Want to learn more?
- IBEW 1049 will continue to advocate -- locally, in Albany and in Washington – to protect the livelihoods and long-term financial security of our members!
- Watch the above video to learn about the IBEW and our role in the community.
- Sign up to receive all the IBEW Local 1049 news that matters to you and your family.