SHORT TERM DISABILITY & LIFE INSURANCE
AMALGAMATED LIFE INSURES YOUR LIFE INSURANCE, AD&D and SHORT-TERM DISABILITY BENEFITS
The Craft Division of Local 1049 Health & Welfare Fund has elected to place the Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) and Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance with Amalgamated Life Insurance Company. Its address is 333 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604-2910
LIFE AND AD&D INSURANCE:
In the event you need to report a death of a covered member, please contact the IBEW Local 1049 Benefit Office AT 631-234-1803, as soon as possible.
THE SHORT TERM DISABILITY (STD) PROGRAM:
The Amalgamated Life STD program provides protection to you and your family to maintain financial security if you suffer a non-work related illness or injury and cannot work. Eligible members will receive a percentage of their salary or wages, subject to a weekly maximum of $330 for up to 26 weeks, or until they are able to recover and return to work. The Benefit Office has Summary Plan Descriptions which explain the STD program in more detail.
What conditions qualify for Short Term Disability benefits?
- To find out if your condition is covered under the policy, or to report an illness or injury call: 1-877-540-6664
- For the status of existing claims, or for details about your claim, call Amalgamated Life at: 1-914-367-5113
- If you have eligibility questions, please contact your Benefit Office at: 631-234-1803.
Please note that STD coverage is for eligible members insured under the plan, and does not extend to spouses or dependents.
How do I file a Short Term Disability claim?
- When you call 1-877-540-6664, a representative will ask you questions, to establish the claim. Please be able to provide: The name and phone number of your Attending Physician, other providers or treatment centers
- Your job title and the last date you worked.
- Your ID number
A nurse will also contact your doctor(s) for information, such as diagnosis, procedures performed, treatment plan, medications, any physical limitations you may have, and your expected recovery date. Your employer will also be contacted to verify the last date you worked, your current earnings, and your job requirements. We hope you will never need it, but, rest assured, if you do, Amalgamated Life will be there to help.
AMALGAMATED LIFE has specialized in providing group insurance to trade union sponsored groups since 1943. It covers over 100 unions, with over 1.1 million union members and their families across the United States. It has consistently been rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, the leading authority with respect to rating insurance companies. For these reasons, the Local 1049 Health & Welfare Fund has put its trust in Amalgamated Life to insure your Life, AD&D and STD benefits.