Message from Business Manager Don Daley
The Young Worker Caucus is a diverse group of Local 1049 members under age 40. Our young members represent the future of our Local and to provide the labor movement has a growing active and educated young membership that will emerge as future leaders.
Our Caucus will focus on education, networking, capacity building, union solidarity and a deep commitment to building a strong union. The leadership of IBEW Local 1049 is encouraging our members to "Like us on Facebook" and work together to come up with new and creative ways to reach out to other young members and help them find interest in being active in the labor movement. In addition to working together to strengthen our union, we have lent a helping hand in the community. Most recently, the Caucus assisted an elderly mother and daughter whose home had been damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
We have launched a Facebook Page and you are invited to join the group! On this page the Local 1049 Young Worker Caucus will post info on:1) Upcoming events, including Community Outreach
2) News affecting Local 1049 members
3) Information about the issues affecting Labor
4) Information about strikes and picket lines in our area
5) Important links
6) Outings and fun events that Local 1049 members can participate
7) Fast information on important issues as they occur
8) Our own social network page