The Local 1049 Scholarship Fund was established in 2014 to provide our working members with some financial support in order to contribute to the personal development and higher education for their children. Awarded recipients will receive a $1,000 scholarship payable to the educational institution they will be attending in August 2018.
The scholarships are limited to children of current active members who have five (5) or more years of continuous good standing. Applicants must be high school seniors and have a minimum GPA of 80 or 3.0.
Applications are to be submitted below using the form or you may drop them off at the Union Office located at 100 Corporate Drive, Holtsville, NY. Mailed applications are accepted and must be received no later than July 15, 2018. We strongly encourage you to submit through the online process. In addition to the eligibility requirements, applicants must also submit and provide the following documentation:
- Copy of their acceptance letter to an accredited four (4) year educational institution (4-year
- college or trade school);
- Copy of their high school transcript; (If your SSN is visible please blackout before uploading)
- Completed essay on the topic "What Does Brotherhood and Solidarity Mean to Me?" Essay must be typed, double-spaced with 1,000-word minimum and 2,000-word maximum;
- Information supporting student's community Involvement
Awarded recipients will be notified by the Scholarship Committee no later than July 31st. Each recipient will have their names announced in the Local 1049 Advocate as well as at the August General Information Meeting.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Union Office at 631-234-1800.
Fill out the application below!